Arai Corsair X Kiyonari Helmet.
Perhaps the most fabled name in the entire Arai lineup, the Corsair has long been renowned as one of the most advanced, highest quality helmets available anywhere in the world. It represents the culmination of our vast experience in helmet design and unwavering focus on rider protection. And with features like the ingenious VAS shield mechanism, exceptional ventilation and an antimicrobial liner, the Corsair-X has certainly earned its place as our flagship model.
- INTERNAL AIR CHANNEL :
Improved ventilation with an enhanced air extraction system, pulling hot/moist air from the eye port area through ducted channels behind the cheek pads that exhaust out the side cowl vents. This helps keep the rider cool and helps to reduce fogging.
- PB-SNC2 SHELL :
A new resin (Z Resin) developed and blended in house, bonds the many layers and materials of the shell more securely using less resin, improving shell strength as well as reducing weight. The proprietary Super Fiber and special synthetic reinforcing fibers allow Arai to produce a stronger, yet lighter shell with excellent Glancing Off properties. The addition of the internal Structural net and Peripheral belt further strengthen the shell with minimal increase to weight or thickness.
- SHIELD LATCH :
The VAS latch captures and securely holds the shield closed to help resist unexpected opening. In addition to the de-mist function, the larger latch allows for intuitive and seamless shield operation, even with heavy gloves. Even in the de-mist position, the shield has a positive stop to resist unintentional opening, but with a slight pull on the lift tab to clear this stop the shield simply lifts with ease.
- IC DUCT5 :
The center IC Duct5 takes in 11% more air and the Type-12 diffuser intakes each take in 19% more air than the previous designs. All use a three-position slide gate to improve sealing for reduced noise and water intrusion. All Arai vents are lightly mounted to remain frangible, so they easily come off in an impact so as not to snag on obstacles or cause excess rotational force.
- Intermediate Oval head shape
- Quick-release lever for fast faceshield removal
- Improved shield latch with de-mist latch position slightly cracks the shield open
- Clear anti-fog Pinlock® insert for all-season visibility
- Removable neck roll with exhaust channels
- Chin curtain blocks air intrusion
- Fully removable anti-bacterial Eco-Pure liner
- Removable temple and crown padding
- Cheek pads feature emergency release tabs
- Peel-away ear pocket for speakers
- Lightweight PB SNC2 shell for superb tensile strength
- Meets or exceeds D.O.T. and Snell standards
To find the correct size helmet for a person's head:
1. Measure the head circumference one-inch above the eyebrows and ears
2. Using the circumference measured, use the size chart below to find the approximate size
3. Once you have tried on the helmet it should feel snug equally around the head. The helmet should not feel too tight or too loose at any point around head.
***Please remember that all head shapes vary slightly and that this sizing chart is to be used as a starting guide, not an exact guide.